The pre-requisites of building the future are to understand and realize the ground realities. As far as Indian Muslims are concerned, available data shows a pathetic condition.
- They have the highest poverty rate in urban population
- Muslim representation in government jobs are not even half of their proportionate population share
- They have a low literacy rate and high dropout rate
- About 5 percent of Muslim children aged 6-14 years never join any school
- They are constantly subjected to discrimination and communal hostility
- In a nutshell, as Justice Sachar Commission Report has pointed out, Muslims of India face the triple crises of Identity, Equity and Security.